Gynecology and obstetrics
Gynecology is a branch of medicine that deals in the care of women during pregnancy and childbirth and in the analysis and therapeutics of diseases related to the female reproductive system. It also specializes in other women’s health factors such as menopause, hormone problems, contraception (birth control), and infertility. Both Obstetrics and Gynecology are medical specialties that focus on two different perspective of the female reproductive system. Obstetrics spotlights the care of the pregnant women, the unborn baby, labor, and delivery and following childbirth. Together, Gynecology focuses on all other aspects of a woman’s reproductive health from the onset of puberty through menopause and beyond.
- Track 1-1 Pregnancy care and delivery
- Track 2-2 Obstetrical analgesia and anaesthesia
- Track 3-3 Recent advances in medical and surgical management
- Track 4-4 Basics of breast diseases related to gynecology
- Track 5-5 Normal pregnancy, labour & puerperium
- Track 6-6 Placenta - Development, Structure, Functions